Why do I pay the same amount each month if I get 3 lessons or 5 lessons?
- We take the total amount of lessons (36) and divide that equally across 9 months. Some months you get extra lessons and some months you get less. It all works out in the end.
Can my child start later in the year (December, January, etc)?
- YES! We'd love to have your kid sign up for lessons! If you are interested in lessons, please send us a message! We can usually get you started within a week!
Are there discounts for siblings/seniors/referrals/etc?
- There are no group discounts at this time. The registration fee only needs to be paid once per family
How often should my kid practice?
- We recommend 30 min - 1 hour 3-5 times a week!
Does Beaumont Community Music sell or rent instruments?
- No, we do not have any instruments at this time. You can check out a local music store or an online store to find an instrument!
Can adults take lessons?
- Absolutely! We'd love to have you join us!
Is there a registration fee?
- Yes, the registration fee is $27.50 (one per family)
Is there a set curriculum for each student?
- No. Each student is unique. Our wonderful instructors will tailor the lessons to your child's skill level and what they're interested in!
Can I pay the teachers directly?
- No, please pay Beaumont Community Music directly. You can reach out if any changes need to be made regarding your payments.
Where are the lessons located?
- We teach out of the Beaumont Community Centre on the 2nd floor across from the Dance studios!
How long are the lessons?
- We recommend students start with 30 min lessons then look at 45 min or 1 hour lessons as they get more advanced.
How do I register?
- Just fill out the form on the REGISTRATION PAGE to sign up! We'll be in touch to schedule you a time slot!
Do I need my own guitar?
- Yes! You will need an acoustic or an electric guitar so you can practice at home! If you need some assistance picking out a guitar, please send us an email or contact your instructor!
What should I bring to lessons?
- Your instrument, guitar picks, a scribbler or binder, and something to write with. If you have a tuner, capo, etc, bring that as well!
What age can I start learning guitar?
- Each student is unique so there isn't a specific age to start learning the guitar! We recommend ages 8-10+ to start but exceptions can be made at the instructors discretion.
Do you teach acoustic or electric?
- We teach both! Our instructors can teach whatever instrument and style you'd like!
Do I need a guitar amp?
- If you play electric, it's recommended to have at home! You don't need to bring one for the lessons since we have amps in the lesson rooms! If you need an amp recommendation, please let us know!
Do I need to have a piano at home?
- Yes! Either an acoustic piano or an electric keyboard at home is necessary to practice! You'll need a minimum of a 61 key keyboard to do your lessons but a full 88 key is ideal!
What do I need to bring to lessons?
- You will need to bring your notebook and something to write with! If your instructor requires any additional resources, they will let you know ahead of time!
Do I have to learn classical piano?
- Our instructors are happy to adjust the lessons to fit the students needs! Whether that is classical pieces or more pop oriented pieces!
Do I need to buy any books?
- Your instructor will be in touch before your first lesson to let you know what you may need!
Do you sell lesson books?
- We do not sell any books at this time. You'll need to go to a local music store or find the books online.
Do I need my own ukulele?
- Yes! You will need a ukulele so you can practice at home! If you need some assistance picking out a guitar, please send us an email or contact your instructor!
What should I bring to lessons?
- Your instrument, a scribbler or binder, and something to write with. If you have a tuner, capo, etc, bring that as well!
What age can I start learning ukulele?
- Each student is unique so there isn't a specific age to start learning the guitar! We recommend ages 5+ to start but exceptions can be made at the instructors discretion.